Monday, November 23, 2020

Easy DIY Christmas Card Holder Wall Hanging Display

Last year I made this DIY card holder that was so quick and easy to put together, and it displays a good amount of cards! 

This simple idea came to me as I was browsing holiday decor Joann's, and after searching for different card holder ideas and products with no luck. 

Scroll down for instructions. A summary of the supplies needed is at the bottom of the post.





First, I purchased a wall decor holiday sign from Joann. This simple horizontal wooden "Joy" sign is about 12 x 24" and already has a hook for hanging. I used an existing nail on the wall to hang it in a prominent space right by the front door. 



Next, I bought a spool of 4" ribbon in a black and white buffalo plaid pattern, very similar to this ribbon on Amazon



I cut three pieces of ribbon to about 5' lengths, and folded the tops of each ribbon length a couple times as shown before using a staple gun like this one on Amazon to attach the ribbon onto the back of the sign. I stapled each ribbon quite a few times to make sure it would be secure. And also because staple gunning is kind of fun 😄



Last step is to use clothespins like these ones I purchased on Amazon (I bought two packs) to secure the cards in place on the ribbon. These are nice quality and they come in different colors so you can use a color that ties in with your sign and other decor. 



Hope this inspires you to create your own! I promise, this is a super easy DIY project and a unique way to display your beautiful Christmas cards from friends and family without damaging the cards or your walls.

My card holder holds about 20-25 cards in a standard 5 x 7" size without any overlap, and I think I'll be able to reuse this for years! Note, my family usually receives more than 25 cards so I keep extra cards in a little display basket on our nearby entry table. 

Summary of supplies:
Any questions, please comment or email me any time.
Merry Christmas and Happy Holiday Card Season! 💌📬

No comments: