Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Nadia & Ryan : Wedding Invitations

Nadia is a UK bride-to-be who stumbled upon my blog as she was searching for wedding invitations. I have really enjoyed working with her to develop invitations that would be a perfect fit for the unique vision she had in mind.



Inspiration started with the wedding theme. From Nadia: "Our theme is music and lyrics and the colour scheme is black, white and apple green. There is also a vintage 20s theme running through the whole day. My dress is a Jenny Packham 1920s style to go with the vintage theme. Ryan is wearing a black tuxedo (but with snakeskin books for that rock and roll edge!). We are getting married in a Catholic Church, where we are having a children's choir and an organist and then travelling to Northumberland, North East England in the countryside in a vintage 1920s car. The venue is an English country hotel . We are having cocktails on the patio first with a jazz pianist and then the wedding breakfast is in a white marquee. We also have a table with a vintage suitcase, wish tree, old typewriter and vintage piano rolls. After the meal, we have a live band and then a DJ - so plenty of music." Talk about fabulous inspiration!!!

I shared an idea to have the invitation wording appear within a musical score like lyrics and she loved it. "Our Wedding Day" and the date appears at the top as the title.



The back of the invitations were designed to look like a song writer's notebook, incorporating some of Nadia and Ryan's favorite lyrics.



The response postcard was designed to include some additional details about accommodations and the DELICIOUS options for the wedding brunch.



As a fun unexpected touch, a fill-in-the-blank MadLib was included on the reverse side of the response postcard.



Stay tuned for Nadia & Ryan's unique wedding day extras!

And I just had to share this last note from Nadia...this is why I love what I do :) "I'm so excited about the invitations, I keep waking up in the middle of the night to check my emails! Have done for the past few weeks!! Can't wait to see them!"

2 comments:

Desiree said...

i love these invitations! iam having a wedding and the theme is a musical theme, my husband to be and myself both been playing music since forever, ha! I have been looking online for invites and i love theses ones.

Kathleen said...

Hi Desiree, thank you for the sweet comment! I enjoyed working with Nadia to create these unique invitations! Please let me know if you are interested in a custom design for your wedding. I can be reached at kathleen@plushpaper.com