Thursday, April 23, 2009

Cindy & Patrick : Wedding Invitations

Cindy is a very good friend of mine, and I was so excited when she asked me to create her wedding invitations. She and her fiance' Patrick wanted a simple panel invitation set in their wedding colors - ivory and black with fuchsia accents. The style of their wedding is vintage with modern elements.
In addition to color, Cindy also wanted to incorporate a black and ivory pattern. She sent me this photo of a patterned ceiling beam from her reception venue for inspiration.
I recommended a slightly different tile-like pattern with softer lines, and they loved the look. For added dimension, I designed the pattern as a horizontal band placed behind the framed invitation text area.
The pattern frames their wedding monogram on the back of the response postcards.
Information cards with their wedding website were also included.
Outer and inner envelopes were printed with guest names and addresses to complete the look.

No comments: